FOIA – Prosecutor’s Office
- Freedom of Information Summary
- FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Request for Public Records
- Notice to Extend Response Time for FOIA Request
- Notice of Denial of FOIA Request
- FOIA Appeal Form – To Appeal a Denial of Records
- Freedom of Information Act Request Detailed Cost Itemization
- FOIA Appeal Form – To Appeal an Excess Fee
- Affidavit of Indegency
Requests for public documents may be submitted by:
1. Filing out the FOIA Request for Public Record form available on the Iosco
County website at www.iosco.net and following the instruction thereon.
2. Sending a request in writing via mail to: FOIA Coordinator, Office of the
Prosecuting Attorney, P.O. Box 548, Tawas City, MI 48764, or
3. Filing out a FOIA Request for Public Record form in person at the Iosco
County Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, 422 W. Lake St. Tawas City, MI
4. Filing out a FOIA Request for Public Record form and faxing it to
5. Filing out a FOIA Request for Public Record form and emailing it to:
Once your FOIA Request for Public Record form is received, the Office of the
Prosecuting Attorney will determine whether public documents which are responsive
to the request exist.
We do not accept verbal requests. All FOIA request must be made in writing.
When will I receive a response?
You will receive a response to your request within 5 business days.
What will the cost be?
If the requested documents are available on the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney’s
website, a link will be provided to you free of charge.
If the responsive documents take less than 15 minutes to prepare, the documents
will be provided at $.10 per page.
If the requested documents take more than 15 minutes to prepare, the Office of the
Prosecuting Attorney will charge for the response. The charges will include copy