The following PDF forms may be filled out online and printed. Additional property-related forms can be obtained from the State of Michigan Department of Treasury website.
- Form 2599 – Farmland Exemption Claim Form
- Form 5101 – Request for PRE Qualified Error
- Form 3677 – Notice of Intent to Rescind the Qualified Ag Property Exempt
- Form 4169 – Request for Michigan Principal Residence Information
- Form 2766 – Property Transfer Affidavit
- Form 2602 – Request to Rescind/Withdraw Homestead Exemption
- Form 2368 – Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit
2008 Principal Residence Exemption
Homeowners who no longer reside in their home and have not yet sold it have a new opportunity to apply for a property tax exemption, while their prior home is vacant and on the market. In April 2008, Governor Jennifer Granholm signed legislation that allows a homeowner to continue to claim a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) on a second home, under certain conditions. The provision contained a May 1 deadline for submitting paperwork with local assessors to receive relief in 2008. The following links contain additional information about the conditional exemption, frequently asked questions, and the form to apply for the exemption.