Military Discharge Papers

After discharge from the military, veterans place their military discharge (Form DD-214) on file with the County Clerk’s Office in the county in which they reside. Veterans receive their first certified copy of the DD-214 free of charge, additional copies are $1.00 per copy.

Military Discharge are NOT public records and can only be obtained by the individual (with I.D.), family member with a death certificate, or the funeral home. You may order the record in person or through the mail.

Request for Record of Active Military Service (pdf)