Public Comment Policy
The Committee shall provide an opportunity for members of the public to be heard. The individual will raise their hand in person or, if on Zoom, with a raised hand icon. The Iosco County Board Chairman will select a member from the audience that wishes to speak. Members of the public may address the committee or subcommittee for up to five minutes. The individual shall be required to identify themselves with their first and last name.
If an individual is attending via Zoom, please mute yourself until you are called on by the Chairperson. Once the Chairperson has recognized the member, please unmute yourself until you have made your comment. After the individual has made their comment, the individual needs to mute themselves.
Applying for a Board Position
- The county will post advertisements for a vacancy to a specific board in the Iosco County News-Herald and the Oscoda Press.
- Please submit a letter of interest and resume to PO Box 778, Tawas City, MI 48763.
- The Iosco County Board of Commissioners will review the letters of interest and resumes and make an informed decision on who to appoint. An interview with the candidates may be necessary depending on the position.
- Once a decision has been made via resolution, the Board Secretary will contact the appointed individual.
Do you have to wait?
- You do not need to wait to submit a letter of interest or resume. The Board Secretary will hold onto your letter of interest and resume until there is a vacancy in the board that you are interested in.
- Once there is a vacancy, the Board Secretary will contact the individual to see if they are still interested in the position. If they are, their letter of interest and resume will go to the Iosco County Board of Commissioners for consideration. If they are not interested, the Board Secretary will shred the previously submitted documents.